Friday, May 29, 2015

One of Those Nights

Pardon my lack of coherence. Last night was a nightmare for sleep. Which is particularly difficult on me because night sleep has been, since he was born, the only quality sleep he's ever gotten. Like he'd resist naps 60% of the time but once bed time hit? Out like a light, out the whole night, we both got a full night of sleep. So this behavior isn't something I've had to endure beyond those long gone newborn days of nursing every 2-3 hours.

I put Jude to bed around 9:00, he was up chatting and singing in the dark until 10:00 or so. Then at 12:00 he woke up and came into our bedroom and got me. So I took him back to his bed and was up trying to get him back to sleep for about an hour, standing and swaying until he was mellowed enough to go back to bed by himself. At least he was back to sleep though, and in his own bed.

Then at around 4:00 he got up and came to me again, crying this time. He climbed into bed with me but couldn't settle. Aaron tried making the room darker but Jude just became more upset, to the point where he actually climbed out of the bed and tried to turn the light on. So I got out of bed, scooped him into my arms, and took him back to his room. He was far too upset to go lay there by himself and actually fall asleep, so I laid in bed with him for over an hour, with him crying about how tired he was on an off, until he finally fell back to sleep. Then I snuck out and went back to bed myself.

At 7 he came in again, this time bright eyed and bushy tailed, ready for the day. Ugh.
And, of course, he isn't napping, despite getting just as little sleep as I did, he's rearing to go (critical mass crankiness aside). I swear this child's got inhuman levels of energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment