Saturday, March 16, 2013

An Unexpected Nap

Something kind of amazing happened this morning.

Jude insisted we get up after his 5:00AM diaper change. That's not the amazing thing, trust me. There's nothing amazing about being awake before the Sun. I don't care what sort of hippie you are. Groggily I took him out into the living room and plopped him into his swing with his Galaxy Frog that my good friend Lena bought for him when he was just a newborn. With stars cast all over the ceiling he was entertained enough for me to go grab some juice.

He was still entertained by the time I came back so I thought, "You know what? I'm just going to lay on the sofa where he can see my face from his swing and rest my eyes..." An HOUR later I woke up and found that he had fallen asleep in his swing all on his own. So I rolled over and got another 30 minutes, until Intruder woke him up yelling at me to feed her.

Jude hasn't fallen asleep on his own when fully awake before. It was a very nice surprise. Normally he needs a little rocking and/or nursing to push him over into Dreamland, though he has fallen asleep while very sleepy on his own before; those times are few and far between and typically at night. So this is just me having a little celebration. Huzzah!

2 comments:

  1. Huzzah indeed! :-)

    This is one of those things I had problems understanding "BK" (before kids). :-) Doesn't seem so awesome when you haven't lived through the alternatives. :-D

    Awesome, anyways. Hope he makes this a habit! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never appreciated naps until I could no longer take them!

    ReplyDelete